NOTE: Rescheduling charges for many USMLE Step exams are going to be reinstated by Prometric on 1, 2020 september. Please see the Prometric internet site to find out more.
For Appointments at Prometric Test Centers for step one, step two CK, and step three exams:
Prometric will charge a fee if USMLE examinees change testing appointments ( ag e.g., reschedule, cancel, modification test center location) at Prometric Test Centers thirty or less times before their scheduled test date. No cost is charged for changing testing appointments 31 or maybe more times before the very first time associated with the planned test.
The date whether you pay a fee and the amount of this fee that you change your appointment, using local time at the Regional Registration Center for the Prometric Testing Region, will determine:
- If you improve your visit 31 or even more times before ( not including) the day that is first of planned test date, there is absolutely no fee.
- If you replace your visit less than 31 times but a lot more than 5 times before (although not including) the day that is first of planned test date, there was a $50 cost.
- If you improve your appointment 5 or less times before ( not including) the day that is first of planned test date, there was an increased charge. This charge differs by Prometric Testing Region and also by exam.
A routine of charges is supplied within the dining dining table below. As previously mentioned within the USMLE Bulletin of data, appointments can be changed by using the directions on the Scheduling Permit. You will want to offer your Prometric Confirmation quantity when you improve your visit. If you reschedule, your rescheduled test date(s) must fall in your assigned eligibility duration.
|Appointment Change charges for Computer-based exams charges (placed in US dollars) effective January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020|
|The date which you improve your appointment||Prometric Testing Region||Step 1||action 2 CK||Step 3|
|31 or even more times before ( not including) the very first time regarding the planned test date||All screening areas||No cost||No charge||No cost|
|less than 31 times and much more than 5 times before (although not including) the initial time associated with the planned test date||All testing regions||$50||$50||$50|
|5 or less times before (although not including) the very first time associated with the planned test date||US and Canada||$121||$136||$242*|
|Africa, Asia (including Hong Kong and Pakistan), Australia, China, Asia, Indonesia, Latin America, center East (including Egypt), Thailand||$293||$330||N/A|
|Europe (including Israel), Korea, Taiwan||$333||$375||N/A|
* For step three administrations, if you should be rescheduling more than one, but less than all days of your visit, between 1 and 5 times just before your first scheduled test date, you’ll be charged a rescheduling charge of $121.
Crucial Scheduling for step two CS was temporarily suspended. Please check always announcements to find out more before applying for step two CS.
For Step Two CS Examination Appointments:
When you have a scheduled testing visit and so are struggling to make the exam in your planned test date or at your planned center, you could cancel your scheduled testing visit and reschedule for a unique date and/or center, at the mercy of supply. You might cancel and/or reschedule whenever you want through the termination of the day before your test that is scheduled date. Nonetheless, no canceling is permitted starting at 12:00 AM, Eastern amount of time in the usa, in your planned test date. The date which you cancel your appointment that is testing will the actual quantity of your rescheduling fee, because described into the list and table below. All times and notice durations are calculated making use of Eastern amount of time in america.
- In the event that you cancel more than 14 calendar times before your scheduled test date, you won’t be charged a charge when you reschedule.
- You will be charged a $400 fee when you reschedule if you cancel between 3 and 14 calendar days before your scheduled test date.
- In the event that you cancel 2 calendar times before your scheduled test date, you’ll be charged a $650 charge when you reschedule.
- You will be charged a $1,300 fee when you reschedule if you cancel 1 day before your scheduled test date.
- You will be charged a $1,300 fee when you reschedule if you miss your scheduled testing appointment without canceling.
|Example: Appointment Change charges for CS exams charges (placed in US bucks) effective at the time of January 1, 2020|
|Scheduled Test Date||Cancel Date(s)||Fee|
|July 15||On or before June 30||No Fee|
|July 1 вЂ“ July 12||$400|
If you cancel without rescheduling or miss your scheduled testing appointment, there isn’t any guarantee that testing appointments through your eligibility duration may be available once you make an effort to reschedule. If you don’t reschedule in your eligibility duration, you have to submit a brand new application and exam enrollment charge so that you can use the exam.
If you’re struggling to keep your scheduled testing appointment, we encourage one to cancel your appointment at the earliest opportunity, no matter whether you might be willing to reschedule. Whenever examinees cancel a lot more than 14 calendar times before their visit, it really is much more likely that another examinee will have the ability to fill that evaluating slot. Avoiding more and more unfilled assessment slots assists the USMLE Program manage ability and reduce increases when you look at the price of the exam.
- Notices |
- Faq’s |
- Efficiency Information
- The Comprehensive Review (CRU) |
- Test Accommodations |
- About |
- Contact |
- Download Adobe Reader